Friday, September 23, 2011

Good Intentions

I was just loading the dishwasher and thinking over my to-do list.  "Oh yeah, I need to pray and read my Bible and stuff."  Cause, you know I can't lose control of this whole food thing I've got going on.  Then it was like the Holy Spirit gave me a bonk to the head to "jog my memory." (anyone know the movie?)  He whispered to my spirit, "Why are you doing this?"  So why am I really doing this?  Am I searching for freedom so I can lose weight and shackle my leg to vanity?  Or am I searching for more of God; for a relationship with nothing in the middle?  I'm afraid today it hasn't been the latter.  And I am so thankful for the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

"If he stumbles, he's not down for long; God has a grip on his hand."
Psalm 37:24

God, I repent.  I repent of my selfishness; for taking my eyes off you even for a second.  Please right me on this path.  If you aren't my prize at the end of the tape I don't want to run this race.  I just love you.

Monica

Have you ever realized your "good intentions" weren't so good?

The winner of our jewelry giveaway is Carolyn Counterman!!  So if you'll send your info to us at setfreefromme.cm@gmail.com we will send it out to.

2 comments:

  1. i would love to replace "my intentions" with "god's intentions." mine are almost always the wrong ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's so easy to fall into TASK mode and forget the PURPOSE of why we are doing what we are doing. Thank God for keeping us in check and helping us to refocus. I don't want to be TASK driven, I want to be PURPOSE driven! HIS PURPOSE.

    ReplyDelete