Monday, December 5, 2011

Survival 101

Hey there!  How are you?  Things are getting snowy around these parts.  It actually is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  I cannot believe we are actually almost at the end of 2011.  This year has included a vegetable garden, four new puppies, more paid-off debt, and too many soccer, baseball, and basketball games to count.  When I think back on 2011 and all that God has done, I cannot deny that I am blessed.

I once had a pastor that would ask me, "Celeste, are you surviving or are you thriving?"  There have been a few "thrive" moments in 2011 but, for the most part, I feel like I have just "survived."  Too often I have let the overwhelmingness (pretty sure that is not an actual word - just go with it) that is my life run the show.  It is hard for me to see the big picture when I am drowning in school projects and dirty socks.  Seriously, the laundry at my house is unreal.  I swear these boys change clothes 3 times a day just to spite me.

But here's the thing:  I was told that I would probably never be able to have children.  I prayed and begged God for these children.  He heard my cry, and then some.  It is so easy for me to forget how badly I wanted to be a mother and how scared I was that I would never get the chance.  Here I am, all of these years later, falling into the role of "Stressed Mom" and allowing my attitude to get gradually worse as time goes by.  God has used the story of The Children of Israel to teach me so much these past few months and this is just another example of how I tend to act just like them.  Eeek.

You know what?  Sometimes I just need to realize that this is my life and things are the way they are for a reason.  Many times I find myself making excuses & saying things like, "If I just had more time, I could really focus on my health." or, "Well, if I didn't have so much going on with the kids, work, church, etc. I could start really working out."  The fact is, this is my life.  This is the way it is.  I can either adapt and make it awesome, or simply survive it.  I don't know about you, but I am tired of surviving. 

I am praying for God to help me realize that He is here, in the middle of crazy town, with me.  Together we can do this.  I don't know where you are or what is going on with you today, but please remember that you are not alone.  Your Father is ready and willing to help you today.  I know that He did not create us and redeem us to be survivors.  We are so much more than this.

Love,
Celeste

0 comments:

Post a Comment