Friday, December 23, 2011

What Matters

I am reading the Francine Rivers series Marta's Legacy right now and it has me thinking about my own life and the trail I will leave behind.  The books follow the stories of 3 generations of women and their relationships with one another.  The way their pasts affect their daughters and themselves.  Overall, they are pretty good books even though at times I want to throw it out the window because of some frustrating characters.  Not my favorite Francine Rivers books, but I digress.

So, my legacy...

How do I want people to remember me?  What affect do I want to have on the children in my home?

This is one of the huge reasons that I am dealing with my food issues now.  I don't want to struggle with this all of my life.  I don't want this burden to keep me from doing fun things with my kids.  I want to be light in every sense of the word!

I guess this is as good a time as ever to tell you all some huge news.  Ray and I are in the process of opening our home to foster care.  We started the very long list of things to do in the spring and are waiting for our 3rd out of 4 home-studies.  We should be open to take a child around February.  God challenged us on this issue separately and when we came together to talk about it we were in complete agreement.  We want our legacy to be one of worth.  We want to show God's love to kids who may have never seen it.  Yes, it will be hard and yes it will be sad.  But we are not alone.  He is sending us as lambs into a wolf pack but The Lion will be ever padding by our side.

I want to be remembered and known for many things; the most vital being that I was a lover of Jesus.  That I have lived passionately and fiercely for his kingdom.

What will your legacy be?

Monica

0 comments:

Post a Comment