Sunday, January 8, 2012

Accountability

Tonight, we had a worship team appreciation dinner at Johnny Carino's and it was so much fun.  I love my church.  Somebody in the congregation anonymously paid for the whole team to go out to eat and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  So you know the bread they give you there?  It glistens with deliciousness.  It practically sings a siren song.  I had decided not to eat any of it but had been staring at it for a while.  My defenses were getting pretty weak and I was saying, "Come on, one hunk of bread won't kill you."  Just as I was about to give in, my friend Connie leaned over and said, "Hey so I've been reading your blog and I got that book Made to Crave and am loving it."  That was all I needed to hear to keep my hand away from that bread.  I didn't even know she was reading this thing!  It makes me wonder who all reads it that I don't know about.

Anyway, the whole thing made me think of this verse:

"...God is faithful.  He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.  When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure."  1 Cor. 10:13

He offered me a way out and I took it.  But only because of accountability to all of you.  You people that I don't even know.  I am not too fond of accountability because I don't really like to be told what to do.  But putting my stuff out there on this blog has forced me to be held accountable and I'm ok with that.  That's what chapter 5 of Made to Crave is all about and I do think it is vital to my success.  So thanks for reading, Connie and all you others.

Monica

0 comments:

Post a Comment