Friday, April 27, 2012

The Secret Part of Me

There is a secret part of me that I want to keep hidden...from everyone.  Even God.  That part of me is selfish and ugly.  Insecure and mean.  That part of me doesn't have it all together.  I want to lock her away and keep her from the eyes of the world.  

If only I could.  

There is one person who has seen all of my ugly.  He can see through the blanket under which I attempt to cover my shame.  

He knows me.

Jesus walks into that closet and keeps vigil next to that scared hurting part of me.  While I cry, He holds my hand.

He knows me.  

Kindness that leads me to repentance.  

He knows me.

It is that part of me that he felt compassion for.  That he chose to give his life for.

He knows me. 

And he loves me.

-Monica


This song is perfect.



0 comments:

Post a Comment