Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weeknight Update

Hello, friends.

I would just like to tell you what a blessing this experience is to me.  The fact that you are reading these words right now gives me so much happiness and encouragement.  I'm thankful that God has fastened us together on this journey. 

Things are slowly but surely happening.  I am experiencing small victories every day.  Still having trouble with my big, fat, annoying habit of quitting.  Man, if quitting was an Olympic sport.... you get the idea.  I will drive to the gym, iPod in hand, and sit in my car.  Some days it is all I can do just to walk in the door.  I can think of a million reasons not to go in and a million other things I "should" be doing with my time.  Good news:  I am going in.  Bad news:  my workouts are pretty much ehhh.   I am really good at sitting in the sauna and playing on my phone, though.  That's gotta count for something, right?

I know that working out is just another part of dying to myself.  In order to lay down my will and completely surrender to this process God has begun, I have to be obedient in this area.  I am making a commitment to you and to God that I will start giving 100% during my workouts.

Tomorrow is the beginning of one of the busiest weeks of the year for me at work.  I can't tell you enough how nice it is knowing that I am not going to turn to food when I am stressed this year, unlike in years past.  I am praying for grace, ease, and peace this week for you and me.

Love,
Celeste

1 comment:

  1. Celeste, I pray that your busy week will be blessed with both small and large victories.
    xo
    c

    ReplyDelete