Monday, November 28, 2011

Letting Go

Hey there.  I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving as much as I did.  Getting out of town and being with family did me a world of good.  I was having a rough time when I wrote last and I want to thank you all for your kind words and prayers.

I have to tell you something pretty great that happened last week.  When I wrote that last blog I was really discouraged.  Immediately after that post I went to get my nails done.  The place I normally go was closed for the holiday & I ended up going to another little nail shop.  Normally I am friendly and talkative but I just wasn't feeling it that day.  As I was sitting in silence, the man doing my nails started talking to me.  Out of the blue he said, "You know, sometimes you just have to let things go.  You can't make things happen on your own.  Things have to be done in God's timing." I'm sure my mouth was hanging open.

He kept going for almost an hour - totally reading my mail - and giving me words of encouragement.  I was literally stunned.  I just needed a reminder of what this whole thing is really about.  I am thankful God is ready and able to help when we are in trouble.

Admitting that I need help is another huge part of the "dying to myself" process.  Everything inside me wanted to sweep all of that discouragement under the rug and just go along like things were fine.  If I had done that I would have missed the blessing God had for me that day.  I am so thankful for you all and also for the obedience of the man who showed the Father's love to me last week.

Who knew that a blog about food addiction would bring about so many other things. I was just trying not to be fat, y'all.  I had no idea we were going to get all up in each other's business!

November is almost over, by the way.  I have really enjoyed these weeks & I can't wait to hear from you all about how our first 30 Day Challenge went for you.

Love,
Celeste

2 comments:

  1. Celeste, that is amazing how the nail tech ministered to you! I had such a wonderful time with all the family for Thanksgiving!

    I have done great with my eating, but in every other area...a great big POO! There is so much growing that I need to do, so my journey continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i smiled so many times reading this!

    ReplyDelete