Friday, January 10, 2014

Saying it Makes it Real

Ok, blog folks...I'm going to tell you something.  I told you all about how I had given up but was encouraged by a friend to get back in there and keep fighting.  That's all good and well but the reality is that I have to make some drastic changes in order for my weight to change.  So here I am telling you all those changes.  

I have talked with a nutritionist and she knows my background and my goals.  She is helping me put together a plan tailored to my needs.  Without all the details, I am essentially cutting out sugar, and processed carbs, while increasing my protein, vegetable and healthy fat intake.  Unfortunately, processed carbs and sugar are my favorite edible things, but they have caused a bit of a problem for the buttoning of my pants.  

The reason I am writing about this, is that I am going to do this...for real.  I am committing to 2 full months without cheating so if you see me start to eat a cupcake, I give you permission to tackle me at full speed.  I also give you permission to ask me if I've cheated.  Dang, talk about accountability!  

I'm tired of feeling worn out all the time.  I'm tired of disobeying God's clear direction when it comes to my health.  I'm determined to live a life that honors him and I have been doing the opposite with the foods that I put in my body.  

Thanks for reading and thank you so much for all your words of encouragement.  You'll never know how much they mean to me!

-Monica

0 comments:

Post a Comment